Common failures of vacuum pumps and how to deal with them
I. Difficult to start
1. Power supply is faulty Method: Check whether the power is off or the power supply is out of phase.
2. Foreign body into the pump, impeller stuck Method: Flush with water, or open the pump to check.
3. Packing pressure is too tight Method: Loosen the packing gland bolt, start the pump, and then slowly tighten the gland bolt until a little water flows out.
4. Scale or rust Method: Soak with 10% oxalic acid for 30~60 minutes.
5. Excessive working fluid Method: Adjust the working fluid to the shaft line of the pump.
II. Motor overload
1. Short circuit of the winding Method: Check the motor winding.
2. Working fluid flow is too large Method: Adjust the working fluid inlet valve to reduce the working fluid flow.
3. Exhaust pressure is too high Method: Reduce the exhaust pressure to the specified range.
4. Excessive liquid content in the inlet gas Method: Install a separator at the inlet, or reduce the working fluid volume.
5. Exhaust valve piece is damaged Method: Replace the exhaust valve piece.
III. No vacuum
1. Wrong motor steering Method: Change two motor power cables.
2. No working fluid into the pump Method: No working fluid into the pump.
3. Serious air leakage in the system Method: Check the leakage by pressure and repair.
IV. Low vacuum level
1. Small working fluid flow method: increase the working fluid flow, while observing the motor current can not be overloaded.
2. Working fluid temperature is too high Method: Reduce the working fluid temperature.
3. Mild leakage of the system Method: Check the pressure and repair the leakage.
4. Pump gap is too large Method: Repair the vacuum pump to reduce the gap or return to our company for overhaul.
5. Leakage of pump seal Method: Replace packing or mechanical seal.
6. Vacuum gauge is not allowed Method: Replace the vacuum gauge.
7. Exhaust valve piece off Method: Replace the exhaust valve piece.
8. Small pump selection Method: Replace the suitable pump.
9. Low local atmospheric pressure Method: Test the vacuum pump by absolute pressure.
V. Large vibration/noise
1. Serious cavitation Method: Add cavitation protection device.
2. Too much working fluid Method: Reduce the flow rate or install flow meter.
3. Poor shaft coupling alignment Method: Recalibrate the concentricity of the shaft coupling to make it meet the standard.
4. The foot bolt is not fixed Method: Fasten the foot bolt.
5. Impeller is not balanced Method: Re-balance the impeller.